Are you planning to visit Bahrain? If yes, this is a great decision because there are a lot of places you can visit and make your trip a memorable one in life. In the last ten year Bahrain has changed a lot and is expected to give other major countries stiff competition with its tourist attraction places. It is a great country you can have a lot of fun and relax during your holiday. Below are some of the tourist places to visit in Bahrain.
Tree of life
· Tree of life is located in the mid of the desert, the tree is estimated to be five hundred or eight hundred years old. It is a mystery how the tree has remained strong, green and alive in such a dry environment. The tree stands alone in the desert around 1.2 miles from Jebel Dukhan.
· The tree is extra-large and has big branches. Despite that it looks old, the leaves are still ever green. Another mysterious thing is that the tree source is not known making it hard for people to know how the tree survives is the desert. This is a great place that will leave you amazed during your tour to the country.
Dilmun Burial Mounds
· This is one of the largest pre-historic ancient burial plots in the world. When you visit Bahrain, this is a site you should not miss. You will see thousands of mounds that date back four thousand years ago. The mounds have a lot of bronze and copper weapons, pottery, jewelry that tell the history of Dilmun civilization. This is a traditional trading hub that connected India, South Arabia and Mesopotamia. Here you will find people digging, searching bones, pieces of pots and others. This is a site that is recognized by UNESCO as one of its major world sites.
Bahrain national museum
The national museum is one of the most popular destinations in Bahrain. This is a perfect place for you to start your tour in Bahrain. In the museum you will see:
· Carnelian beads
· Earth ware burial jars
· Sculptures depicting Bahrain cultures
The museum is a great place where you will be able to learn the local history of Bahrain.
· This is a UNESCO world heritage and it acts as a remnant of a past time when the port was under the control of the Portuguese in the 15th and 16th centuries. This was during the when the Portuguese dominated trade routes in the Indian Ocean. The fort is one of the places built in Bahrain and in Persian Gulf to protect the historical trade routes.
· You can climb on the fort and enjoy great views of the water. In near proximity, there are the ancient ruins dating back four thousand years ago that surrounds the fort.
· There are many other forts such as Arad fort near the airport and the Riffa fort found near Riffa.
There are many other tourist places you can visit in Bahrain and make your tour a memorable one. All you need is to have a Bahrain Visa, so that you can be permitted to visit the country and stay for the duration you want.